Here at North we pride ourselves on providing welcoming, comfortable spaces in which people can relax, share a beer, or de-stress from their day. The safety of our customers and staff is of paramount importance.
Here are a few of the measures that we are putting in place during this period:
- Any staff who feel unwell are being told to self-isolate in line with government guidelines. At North we have a supportive sickness policy in place for all employees, and have made it clear that people should not take risks with their health.
- We will be working to support our hourly paid staff in the event of a ‘lock down’ restricting the opening hours of bars and the brewery.
- We have removed tables where necessary to ensure more space between each customer.
- If you can pay with contactless card payments please do so.
- We will be encouraging table service wherever possible to avoid crowding in front of the bar.
- Staff hygiene is always a priority at North: staff all wash their hands upon entering the building, eating, sneezing or coughing, using the toilet.
- In addition to this staff will wash their hands after every glass collected.
- All flyers and menus have been removed from tables – any menus requested by customers will be sanitised before and after each use.
- We will not be serving coffee into reusable cups.
- We will be regularly sanitising till screens and card terminals.
- We will maintain our high standard of cleaning throughout the bars and the brewery.
Our bars and taprooms have always been seen as an integral part of the communities in which they operate, and we want to make it clear that they will be safe, open spaces. If anyone is feeling a little overwhelmed by the 24 hour news cycle and reporting of the Coronavirus please pop in for a cuppa or a beer and pull up a stool at the bar.