So March was quite the month….
Since our last update the situation across the world has dramatically escalated: Social distancing is in place, bars and restaurants are shut and the NHS is needed like never before. Our thoughts go out to everyone and their loved ones at this time.
Here is a little update on where things stand at North Brewing Co / North Bar Ltd as we fight to protect our business and protect our team’s jobs:
- North Brewing Co are still brewing beer.
- We have reduced the number of staff on site at any one time to allow for social distancing with each staff member allocated an area within the brewery.
- Hand washing, the use of gloves, and an increase in hygiene has been implemented.
- We are offering local contactless deliveries within 3 miles of the brewery. 20% NHS discount is available.
- We are continuing to support our partner charity Action Against Hunger through an optional £2 donation added to all local deliveries in lieu of a delivery fee.
- Our webshop is still operating and we are posting on social media each time it is restocked. Please be aware that orders are taking 3–5 days to be processed due to social distancing in the warehouse.
- All North Bar venues and North Brewing Co taprooms are closed until further notice.
- Vouchers to support the North Bar family are available here. We are topping them up with 33% extra credit which can be redeemed on North Brewing Co draught and cans.
- We are using the government’s Coronavirus Job Retention scheme to place staff on furlough and protect their jobs throughout the pandemic.
- We are very active online: From hosting pub quizzes on zoom to online beer tastings with friends in Norway, to virtual Meet The Brewers. Please keep an eye on our social media feeds for details of events.
The last three weeks have been the most difficult that we have ever faced since opening North Bar in 1997. The messages of support that we have received from regulars, distributors, friends across the globe, and members of the North Bar team have genuinely meant the world to us. We think pretty much every member of HQ / brewery sales has been moved to tears by the level of support. Every single order that comes in during this period has a massive impact on our survival, and we are so thankful to you all.
Stay safe, wash your hands, look after each other. Love team North xx