40 hours per week, Mon-Fri
North Brewing Co. – Springwell is our Flagship Brewery and Tap Room, a mere one mile stroll down the road from our sister company North Bar. Since launching in 2015, our brewery has quickly established itself amongst the leading breweries in the country. We make beers like they should be: big juicy flavours with tonnes of hops; fun, playful and interesting flavour combinations and classics that demonstrate an uncompromising approach to quality. From our best-selling Sputnik Pale Ale to award-winning Transmission IPA to some truly fantastic collabs with breweries from across the World.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our expanding brewery which is full of passion and potential. You will be working as part of a fantastic team who are dedicated to working together on the production, packaging and delivery of the fantastic product that we produce. If you have a sense of adventure, integrity, a hard work ethic and an uncompromising ethos when it comes to quality then this is the job for you.
Lead the packaging team and ensure our canning and kegging function operates to the highest possible standard to guarantee maximum quality in our finished product.
Oversee all aspects of the packaging process and be responsible for meeting efficiency targets by minimising waste and improving processes. Develop systems and ensure Standard Operating Procedures are carried out safely and efficiently whilst maximising productivity within a small and dedicated team.
Work with the Head Brewer and Production Manager to ensure packaging deadlines are met, and work with the Warehouse Manager to guarantee the smooth handover of freshly packaged stock.
Maintain excellent communication with the Sales Team to ensure customers expectations are always met.
Be responsible for maintaining the filler and canning line. Develop, deploy and monitor a preventative maintenance schedule to guarantee operational efficiency.
With support from the Head Brewer, develop and maintain training materials for the packaging team and take a role in delivering training, both formally and on an ad hoc basis.
- Supervise the Packaging Team; ensure team are working efficiently, safely and to high standards.
- Make staffing plans based on schedule from Brewery Management ensuring deadlines are met.
- Work with Brewery Management to ensure all staff are working to SOPs and maintaining high standards in general.
- Continue to develop and refine SOP’s in line with continuous improvement and as the needs of the business evolve.
- Keep an active role in the day to day running of the canning line. Maintain expectations around quality and efficiency.
- Be the first point of contact for maintenance and repair. Work with external contractors and Brewery Management to ensure equipment runs optimally and cost of repairs stays within budget.
- Carry out ad hoc repairs and maintenance where necessary and appropriate.
- Monitor the quality of incoming containers (cans, kegs, boxes etc), and action any issues.
- Record and maintain packaging data using current methods.
- Assist Brewery Management in the process of procuring and installing new equipment and repurposing existing.
- Communicate closely with the Production Manager to ensure all materials associated with the packaging process are purchased in a timely manner in accordance with the packaging schedule.
- Ensure staff hours are recorded, training records are maintained, and new staff are inducted as per company policies.
- Work closely with Brewery Management to ensure Health & Safety standards are adhered to at all times.
We hire people who are-
- hungry– hardworking and always striving for success in everything they do
- humble– willing to help others and go above and beyond to get the job done
- people smart– able to use their initiative and good judgement to bring out the best in themselves and their colleagues.
- At least 1 year of packaging or brewing experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a practical, hands-on mind set.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to organise in a fast paced and ever-changing work environment.
- Basic engineering skills, familiarity with electrical systems and basic automation.
- A positive outlook and strong work ethic
- Leadership skills and the ability to drive a team forwards.
- Stainless steel welding
- Strong IT skills, ability to create and use spreadsheets to track and manipulate data.
- Understanding/experience of the brewing process and a basic understanding of brewing science.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to apply for the position of Packaging Manager please send an up to date CV and covering letter to Sophie on HR@northbrewing.com. Your application will not be considered without a covering letter.
We are an inclusive and equal opportunities employer, if you feel under-represented in the hospitality/brewing industry then we encourage you to apply. Please click here to read our Recruitment Policy.
This role has a closing date of Thursday 1st June 2023. We may be interviewing as we go but won’t make any final decisions until the closing date has passed.
At North we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t fit perfectly with what we’ve outlined we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the perfect fit for this or another role.