We're looking for an enthuastic and hard-working individual to join our packaging team to assit in canning, kegging and quality checking the tasty beer we produce!
40 hours per week
8 hour shifts between 7am-7pm
£19,800 – £22,900 dependent on experience
At North Brewing Co we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our expanding brewery full of passion and potential. You will be working alongside our Packaging Lead and Cellarman and our talented Head Brewer as well as the rest of our amazing brewery team! If you have a sense of adventure, integrity, a hard work ethic and an uncompromising ethos when it comes to quality then this is the job for you.
This role is perfect for someone looking for an entry level position in the brewing industry, we provide full training on how to use our canning line and many of our staff have worked their way through the business into other positions.
Being a rapidly growing business it is an ever-evolving list and key to the smooth running of our brewery is having a strong, collaborative team who have a genuine desire to help each other.
● Taking direction from our Packaging Lead on the running of the canning line
● Making sure DO’s and other specifications are within set parameters
● Making sure the canning line is run efficiently with minimal wastage
● Organising the weeks packaging by working with production manager and head brewer
● Maintain canning line
● Tank cleaning
● Transferring beer
● Racking casks
● Cleaning casks
● Brewery cleaning
● Taking and recording packaging data
● Data inputting on brewery management software
● Installation and maintenance and service of packaging equipment
Other duties may include:
● Attending public events such as Meet the Brewer, beer festivals etc
● Assisting on staff brew days
● Tidying and cleaning for tap opening
● Helping to organise brewery space
● Moving stock / warehouse organisation
● Building stuff!
● Beer deliveries
● Picking up / delivering goods
● Diligence; including a relentless, uncompromising dedication to cleanliness and sanitation
● Ability to handle/lift full casks and kegs. Not both at once!
● Basic computer literacy
● Good work ethi
● Full, clean UK driving license
● Forklift license
● Science qualifications
● Engineering experience
● Experience within a packaging environment
● The ability and confidence to handle a drill driver, a wood saw and a
spirit level. At least have a go
28 days annual leave (including 8 bank holidays)
Access to our Wellbeing Team – they organise workshops and activities, alongside providing digital and physical resources.
Staff discount across all our bars and webshop.
Cost price sustainably sourced merchandise.
Access to the staff Health Cash Plan. This allows staff to claim money towards prescriptions, dental care, contact lenses etc.
Cycle Scheme and Tech Scheme.
1 week ‘life leave’ – this is in addition to your annual leave and covers events that you might usually eat into your allowance for e.g. moving house
Compassionate leave, separate from your annual leave allocation
2 weeks company sick pay
Generous parental leave
Training and development opportunities
An opportunity to work in a friendly, ambitious team at one of the UK’s leading, and fastest growing, Independent Craft Brewers.
The opportunity to learn about a variety of duties in a small and inclusive company. We get stuck in!
Job security – as we continue to grow our brewery operation, we get busier and busier
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to apply for the position of Packaging Assistant please send an up to date CV and covering letter to Sophie on HR@northbrewing.com
We are an inclusive and equal opportunities employer, if you feel under-represented in the hospitality/brewing industry then we encourage you to apply. Please click here to read our Recruitment Policy.
This role has a closing date of 6th June 2022. We will be interviewing as we go but won’t make any final decision until the closing date has passed.