GENERAL MANAGERS: FURTHER NORTH & PRESTON
44 hours per week, including weekends and evenings
Starting from £24,825, dependent on experience
194 Harrogate Road,
468 Roundhay Road,
We are looking for 2 experienced and enthusiastic General Managers to join our management team here at North Bar Ltd.
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced General Manager who loves providing quality products and service in an inclusive and welcoming environment.
You need to be a well organised, driven, creative individual with strong communication and leadership qualities and a natural ability to get the best out of a team and sell great drinks!
Both of these sites are friendly and local neghbourhood bars, situated in the heart of 2 Leeds suburbs.
Further North: Like your front room, but better and with fantastic drinks. Further North is the cosiest, friendliest local, right in the middle of Chapel Allerton.
Well-known for its homely atmosphere and cosy setting, Further North is the perfect local for lovers of great drinks. Plus, with the upstairs also available to hire for free, it’s also a great place for birthdays, parties, and group events.
Preston: boasts a rotating tap list from North and friends, perfectly conditioned cask ales, and hot coffee roasted in West Yorkshire by Darkwoods.
A little bit of Leeds’ legendary North Bar in the suburb of Oakwood. A hop, skip, and a jump from the gorgeous Roundhay Park, Preston is the perfect spot for visitors, families, and the discerning drinker.
We’re looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, and hard-working individual to lead the team at Further North/Preston as the General Manager.
You’ll need to be highly experienced in the world of hospitality, extremely well organised, driven, creative, with strong communication and leadership qualities, plus a natural ability to get the best out of a team and sell great drinks!
- Recruiting, training and managing staff to ensure a happy and successful workplace
- Leading regular team meetings and attending management meetings at HQ.
- Building strong working relationships with other General Managers across the North company.
- Ensuring that our North version of customer service is consistent- we’ve been offering table service since day 1 and won’t be stopping any time soon!
- Stock management and working alongside the Retail Stock Manager to order products that you think will work well in your site
- Responding positively to customer enquiries and building up a database of regular customers
- Promoting the site and events through the inventive use of social media
- Identifying opportunities and areas to improve and develop- both internally and externally
- Completing necessary management administrative tasks- compliance, HR, staff development and feedback
We hire people who are-
- hungry– hardworking and always striving for success in everything they do
- humble– willing to help others and go above and beyond to get the job done
- people smart– able to use their initiative and good judgement to bring out the best in themselves and their colleagues.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Previous management skills and experience
- Highly organised and effective time management
- Strong leadership skills- able to lead and motivate the team
- Happy, sociable with a natural tendency towards being hospitable/attentive
- Strong social media skills- excited to learn new techniques
- A desire to learn and share knowledge
- An understanding of GP, management accounts/P&Ls, stock, etc
- Licensee/personal license holder
- Computer literate- the standard stuff
- Broad spirits and wine knowledge
- Barista skills
- Craft beer knowledge
- Health & Safety knowledge
- Foody hygiene certification
- Hold clean UK driving license
33 days annual leave (including 8 bank holidays)
Access to our Wellbeing Team – they organise workshops and activities, alongside providing digital and physical resources.
Staff discount across all our bars and webshop.
Cost price sustainably sourced merchandise.
Access to the staff Health Cash Plan. This allows staff to claim money towards prescriptions, dental care, contact lenses etc.
Cycle Scheme and Tech Scheme.
1 week ‘life leave’ – this is in addition to your annual leave and covers events that you might usually eat into your allowance for e.g. moving house
Compassionate leave, separate from your annual leave allocation
2 weeks company sick pay
Generous parental leave
Training and development opportunities
An opportunity to work in a friendly, ambitious team at one of the UK’s leading, and fastest growing, Independent Craft Brewers.
The opportunity to learn about a variety of duties in a small and inclusive company. We get stuck in!
Job security – as we continue to grow our brewery operation, we get busier and busier
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to apply for the position of General Manager please send an up to date CV and covering letter to Sophie on HR@northbrewing.com. Your application will not be considered without a covering letter.
Please state which site you are applying for in the subject reference.
We are an inclusive and equal opportunities employer, if you feel under-represented in the hospitality/brewing industry then we encourage you to apply. Please click here to read our Recruitment Policy.
This role has a closing date of Friday 10th February. We may be interviewing as we go but won’t make any final decisions until the closing date has passed.
At North we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t fit perfectly with what we’ve outlined we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the perfect fit for this or another role.