Bar staff – all venues
We are always on the lookout for friendly, hard working people to join our bar teams.
Flexible – both P/T and F/T roles exist within the business
£9.50 per hour
Across all our venues
Our bars are brilliant places to work. You will be joining a team of friendly, enthusiastic, like minded people in your venue, alongside meeting people from across the wider North company. Our customers are friendly, and interested in your passion for the drinks that we brew and serve.
We’ll be offering you full beer, wine and spirit training as well as staff brew days- learning about the products we create and sell is key to providing great service.
Working within an inclusive and friendly team- you’ll have a General Manager, Assistant Manager, Key holders and bar staff with development and training opportunities readily available to you. A lot of our managers started as bar staff and a lot of our production and HQ teams started in our bars. There are plenty of development opportunities within North, regardless of what skills you may be interested in gaining.
This is bar work, it’s never going to be Monday-Friday, 9-5 so if working weekends and evenings isn’t for you then please don’t apply!
Working for an award-winning employer that supports and guides you at all times- our first bar opened in 1997 and we’ve now got a brewery and multiple bars and taprooms across the UK so we must be doing something right!
You’ll be a major part of our customer’s experience- you’re there to make their visit to the bar the best that it can be and hopefully result in them returning time and time again.
Table service- we’ve been offering it since day 1 and we’re not stopping any time soon!
Here at North we are always looking for happy, enthusiastic, hard-working individuals to join our bar teams.
Even if you’ve never worked in hospitality before you could still be a great fit for North- we provide full training to all staff so don’t let a lack of experience stop you.
We hire people who are-
- hungry– hardworking and always striving for success in everything they do
- humble– willing to help others and go above and beyond to get the job done
- people smart– able to use their initiative and good judgement to bring out the best in themselves and their colleagues.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive and welcoming employer- we want people to enjoy their work and feel comfortable and happy. To ensure this happens we have 5 values we are always working towards:
We also have a company mission to provide the best service, in the best venues and serve the best drinks. Providing table service is at the heart of what we do, there is nothing better than walking into a bar, taking a seat and having drinks brought to you. This also allows our staff to chat properly to customers and answer any questions they might have- it’s a win win!
Working in a bar will mean you’re interacting with the public every day, so if you’re not comfortable chatting new people this won’t be the job for you!
- 28 days annual leave (including 8 bank holidays). This is calculated on a pro-rata basis for hourly staff.
- Access to our Wellbeing Team – they organise workshops and activities, alongside providing digital and physical resources.
- Staff discount across all our bars and webshop.
- Cost price sustainably sourced merchandise.
- Access to the staff Health Cash Plan. This allows staff to claim money towards prescriptions, dental care, contact lenses etc.
- Cycle Scheme and Tech Scheme.
- 1 week ‘life leave’ – this is in addition to your annual leave and covers events that you might usually eat into your allowance for e.g. moving house
- Compassionate leave, separate from your annual leave allocation
- 2 weeks company sick pay
- Generous parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
- An opportunity to work in a friendly, ambitious team at one of the UK’s leading, and fastest growing, Independent Craft Brewers.
- The opportunity to learn about a variety of duties in a small and inclusive company. We get stuck in!
- Job security – as we continue to grow our brewery operation, we get busier and busier
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to work in any of our venues please complete the application form: Application Form
We are an inclusive and equal opportunities employer, if you feel under-represented in the hospitality/brewing industry then we encourage you to apply. Please click here to read our Recruitment Policy.
At North we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t fit perfectly with what we’ve outlined we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the perfect fit for this or another role.