ASSISTANT MANAGER: SNOW HILL
44 hours per week, including weekends and evenings
From £24,325 depending on experience
North Brewing Co,
Unit 1, Snow Hill,
North was founded by John Gyngell and Christian Townsley, the brains behind legendary Leeds beer venue North Bar, which opened in 1997; known as “the first craft beer bar in Britain”. North Bar influenced a new wave of modern beer bars and breweries across the country, including their own, with many citing the bar as one of the driving forces and influences behind the craft beer revolution in the UK. The North family has now extended, to multiple sites across Leeds and one in Harrogate as well as two taprooms- one being attached to our flagship brewery Springwell.
North Taproom: Snow Hill will be our first site opening in Birmingham and we’re so excited to establish ourselves in a new city and introduce new people to our award-winning beer!
Situated opposite Snow Hill station, the taproom will experience heavy footfall and need amazing management and bar teams to keep on top of service and provide customers with the best experience possible.
Little Boy Bao will be serving up delicious bao buns and loaded fries that pair perfectly with our fantastic beers.
As Assistant Manager you’ll be working with the General Manager and rest of the team to ensure that North Taproom: Snow Hill is the place to be!
We’re looking for a happy, enthusiastic, and hard-working individual to join our team at Snow Hill as the Assistant Manager. You’ll need to be experienced in the world of hospitality, well organised, driven, creative, with strong communication and leadership qualities, plus a natural ability to get the best out of a team and sell great drinks!
- Helping to recruit, train and manage staff to ensure a happy and successful workplace
- Attending regular team meetings and management meetings where appropriate
- Ensuring that our North version of customer service is consistent- we’ve been offering table service since day 1 and won’t be stopping any time soon!
- Stock management and occasionally ordering products that you think will work well in your site
- Responding positively to customer enquiries and building up a database of regular customers
- Promoting the site and events through the inventive use of social media
- Identifying opportunities and areas to improve and develop
We hire people who are-
- hungry– hardworking and always striving for success in everything they do
- humble– willing to help others and go above and beyond to get the job done
- people smart– able to use their initiative and good judgement to bring out the best in themselves and their colleagues.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Previous management skills and experience
- Highly organised and effective time management
- Strong leadership skills- able to help lead and motivate the team
- Happy, sociable with a natural tendency towards being hospitable/attentive
- Strong social media skills- excited to learn new techniques
- A desire to learn and share knowledge
- Computer literate- the standard stuff
- Licensee/personal license holder
- Broad spirits and wine knowledge
- Barista skills
- Craft beer knowledge
- An understanding of GP, management accounts/P&Ls, stock, etc
- Health & Safety knowledge
- Foody hygiene certification
- Hold clean UK driving license
33 days annual leave (including 8 bank holidays)
Access to our Wellbeing Team – they organise workshops and activities, alongside providing digital and physical resources.
Staff discount across all our bars and webshop.
Cost price sustainably sourced merchandise.
Access to the staff Health Cash Plan. This allows staff to claim money towards prescriptions, dental care, contact lenses etc.
Cycle Scheme and Tech Scheme.
1 week ‘life leave’ – this is in addition to your annual leave and covers events that you might usually eat into your allowance for e.g. moving house
Compassionate leave, separate from your annual leave allocation
2 weeks company sick pay
Generous parental leave
Training and development opportunities
An opportunity to work in a friendly, ambitious team at one of the UK’s leading, and fastest growing, Independent Craft Brewers.
The opportunity to learn about a variety of duties in a small and inclusive company. We get stuck in!
Job security – as we continue to grow our brewery operation, we get busier and busier
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to apply for the position of Assistant Manager please send an up to date CV and covering letter to Sophie on HR@northbrewing.com. Your application will not be considered without a covering letter.
We are an inclusive and equal opportunities employer, if you feel under-represented in the hospitality/brewing industry then we encourage you to apply. Please click here to read our Recruitment Policy.
This role has a closing date of 14th October 2022. We may be interviewing as we go but won’t make any final decisions until the closing date has passed.
At North we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t fit perfectly with what we’ve outlined we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the perfect fit for this or another role.