Our first birthday party on Saturday 26th November 2016 is a landmark that has come round quicker than we can believe. We’d love for you to join us as we let our hair down to celebrate this whirlwind year.
We’ve barely had a minute to catch our breath, everyone has been working really hard and been pulled in all directions in our relentless efforts to create beers that stand up there with the best. And while we’re humble enough to know we’ve always room for improvement, we firmly believe that we’ve achieved what we set out to do, and more.
The key numbers for this year;
- 21 different beers brewed.
- 4 beers canned; Sputnik, Transmission, Herzog and hot off the press Full Fathom 5 (with more planned for 2017).
- 4 brewery collaborations; Lervig (Norway), Brewdog (Scotland), Drygate (Scotland) and most recently Magic Rock (Huddersfield), as well as bar collaborations with Port St Beer House (Manchester), North Bar & Preston (Leeds).
- 7 Tap takeovers; North Bar, Port St Beer House & The Beagle in Manchester, Hippo Taproom & Drygate Brewery Tap in Glasgow, the acclaimed Hanging Bat in Edinburgh and The Bishop’s Arms Savoy in Malmö (BOOM!).
- 4 cracking beer festivals; Leeds International, IMBC, Craft Beer Calling and Brewers’ Market.
- A plethora of esteemed visitors to our tap, including Doug Odell, Nøgne Brewery, Fourpure, Magic Rock, Northern Monk and Kirkstall to name but a few.
- Tons of events at the brewery tap, most notably; Leeds Feast, Oktoberfest, Sofarsounds, Digjam, Magic Cycle, Oxjam as well as art installations by Joe Hancock (curated by &Model) and Reece Leung.
- Our first export! (To Sweden if you’re wondering…)
- Beer always available in any of the North Bar group, Leeds’ Headrow House, Belgrave Music Hall and Sheaf St Cafeteria plus various venues around the country, online and in bottle shops and of course at our brewery tap in Leeds.
A huge thanks to everyone who has supported us over that time including the following local breweries; Northern Monk, Ilkley, Kirkstall, Rooster’s, Magic Rock, Legitimate Industries and Ridgeside without whom at times we’d have run out of kegs/gas/fittings/malt/casks/carb stones..etc. Also huge thanks to our working partners New Wave Distribution, Cave Direct, Direct Drinks, Fusion, Eebria, Beer52, Beer Hawk and Constant Companion in Sweden!
Malrex built us a great brew kit and provided fantastic support, and there are many other brilliant businesses that we’ve worked with, too many to list without the risk of offending someone in their omission, so if your name isn’t below please don’t take it to heart!
Of course, none of this could have been at all possible without our team at head office have been tremendous and flexible in supporting this new venture while keeping everything running well across the 7 venues in the North Bar group, even sometimes putting in a shift at the tap, Darius and James for their hard work and passion, James Ockelford (Refold) for his unflinching dedication to making everything look beautiful.
Finally of course, Sebastian Brink, the ukulele-playing-music-teacher-turned-professional Head Brewer, who is never entirely satisfied with the fruits of his labour, applying constant scrutiny to continually improve beers and processes resulting in what we believe is something rather special.
Thanks everyone, here’s to the next year!
Christian & John xx
Thank you Thank you Thank you;
North Bar, Alfred, The Cross Keys, Further North, North Bar Harrogate, North Bar Social, Preston, Headrow House, Belgrave Music Hall, Sheaf St Cafeteria.
Northern Monk, Ilkley, Kirkstall, Rooster’s, Magic Rock, Legitimate Industries, Ridgeside, Lervig, Drygate, Brewdog, New Wave Distribution, Cave Direct, Direct Drinks, Eebria, Beer52, Beer Hawk,Constant Companion, Fusion, John King & Co, Malrex, Wooden Pins, Paul Denny, Rob Bedford & Jez Tyas, Black Box Creative, ThemThatCan, Wild Goose Canning, Emily Fitchett, Paria CC, Label Express, We Can, James Ockelford, Active Print, Awesome Merch, Leon Johnson, Kim the Farmer, Sure Brew, Muntons, Crisp, Simply Hops, Charles Farams, North Star, Coffee Roastery, Leeds Bread Coop, Innergy, Liliwaste, Dukes Studios, Rose Four, Raynville, Little Leeds Beer House, Ales By Mail Ltd, Arc Inspirations, Beer 52, Beer Garage, Beer Hawk, Big Beer, Brass Castle, Eebria, Cave North, Constant Companion Beer Co, Curious Hop, Direct Drinks, Kegstar, eCask, Friends of Ham Leeds, Friends of Ham lkley, Fuggles and Golding, Fusion Beer Distribution, George & Joseph Cheesemonger, Great Heck Brewery, Great Heck, Grove Restaurants, Hanging Bat, Holborn Whippet, Hop Shack, House of Trembling Madness, Hyde Park Book Club, Kirkstall Bridge Inn, Kraft Werks, Latitude Wines, Little Leeds Beer House, Thors Tipi, Manjits Kitchen, Mason & Company, The Merchant, Mill Kitchen, Moorbrook Preston, New Wave, North Star Coffee, Oakwood Cinema, Ossett Brewery Pub Co, Outlaws Yaught Club, Piccadilly Tap, Pivovar, The Rake, Raynville Super Store, Real Ale Direct, Reliance, Sample, Skipton Wine Rack, Stirchley Wines, Tall Bays Beer Market, Townend Farm Shop, Trembling Madness, Union Coffee House, Wapentake Leeds, Waterloo Tap LTD, White Lock Ale House, Yorkshire Meatball Co, House of Koko, Cave South, Mmm-Glug, Munro’s.